Busch +Muller 4D-Lite Plus

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
mercianman

Busch +Muller 4D-Lite Plus

Post by mercianman »

I have the above Busch and Muller rear mudguard mounted rear light, but I can’t find the instructions. I am trying to wire it on to my hub dynamo, but it has a live and and earth connector at the bottom of it, shown in one picture, which I assume you connect the wires from the front light to, but it also has another live connection at the top. Does anybody have any ideas or wiring instructions?
4FDB39C7-4C18-41B0-A72E-7B5756326F93.jpeg
1249EB92-7AC8-492A-BB6A-EA431D27D0F6.jpeg
cycle tramp

Re: Busch +Muller 4D-Lite Plus

Post by cycle tramp »

You don't have to use all the connectors. The designers have given you the option of two sets to allow you make the wiring as neat as possible.
You can use the connectors at the bottom of the lamp, or you can use the mudguard stay as the earth and then wrap the live wire around the stay and pop it in through the top.
Motorhead: god was never on your sidehttps://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=m ... +your+side
mercianman

Post by mercianman »

That brilliant, I just couldn’t figure out what the second live was for
mercianman

Post by mercianman »

Thats brilliant, I just couldn’t figure out what the second live was for
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Ebay/Bankrupt bikes parts? Recently? And me. I just used the little ones, one each from the spare wires in my B&M head light. Not overly impressed with its brightness but it was cheap.
mercianman

Post by mercianman »

Can’t comment on the brightness yet, but I bought from the same people, just wish they had come with instructions.
revanslacey

Post by revanslacey »

Thanks for the tip. I've just bought and fitted one of these. I've been for a ride around the block and the LEDs light up but seem very dim. Is this your experience? Do they get brighter with use?
interestedcp

Post by interestedcp »

revanslacey wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 7:04pm Thanks for the tip. I've just bought and fitted one of these. I've been for a ride around the block and the LEDs light up but seem very dim. Is this your experience? Do they get brighter with use?
The B&M 4D-Lite Plus rear light is a at least 15 years old design, and probably predates the launch of the Apple Iphone. In a 2007 B&M catalogue where it appears, B&M's strongest LED front light was a meagre 20 LUX Lumotec Fly, which was only 3 LUX stronger than their incandescent bulb front light .

The B&M 4D-Lite Plus is a marginal upgrade over the old incandescent bulb rear lights, so it won't be bright by to days standards
--
Regards
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

Try this one from Busch & Muller. It's an incredibly bright rear dynamo light.

[Edit]

Here is a picture of it on my bike.

Here is a short clip of it in action. Click on the link to take you to Flikr to view clip.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/28886154@ ... otostream/

Last edited by De Sisti on 28 Jan 2023, 11:01am, edited 4 times in total.
TheBomber

Post by TheBomber »

De Sisti wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 7:24am Try this one from Busch & Muller. It's an incredibly bright rear dynamo light.
+1 for that. My wife has one and I’m always impressed by just how visible it is anytime I’m following her.