Christina Mackenzie's crash

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Tinnishill

Christina Mackenzie's crash

Post by Tinnishill »

Christina Mackenzie, women's LEJOG record holder. Her recent troubles,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... l-63292008
Agitate, educate, organise.
simonineaston

Re: Christina Mackenzie's crash

Post by simonineaston »

Oh goodness - I hope she's recovering OK! Judging by the photo, it can't have been too long before the police identified the driver, as the vehicle/trailer combo is very distinctive.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

doesn't surprise me in the least , these things are often horribly and aggressively driven.

two a penny in this part of the world so may be not that easy to identify which one.
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Police have issued an appeal & released CCTV footage of a vehicle they believe was involved in the crash.
Police say a black Ford Ranger, towing a silver Ifor Williams trailer, was involved in the incident on the B822 on 27 September and failed to stop.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-ta ... l-63292008
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

Pebble wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 9:14am doesn't surprise me in the least , these things are often horribly and aggressively driven.

two a penny in this part of the world so may be not that easy to identify which one.
I've seen similar farmer types Racing around here towing big trailers. Only takes a big pothole it something on the road and they bounce about like crazy. Especially if unloaded.
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

Dingdong wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 7:22am
Pebble wrote: 18 Oct 2022, 9:14am doesn't surprise me in the least , these things are often horribly and aggressively driven.

I've seen similar farmer types Racing around here towing big trailers. Only takes a big pothole it something on the road and they bounce about like crazy. Especially if unloaded.
this one was going at some rate of knotts when it past me. trailer was partially airborne
these oversized american style truck like this one are often driven very fast and aggressively, as a cyclist I dread the things.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Luckily there wasn't a mini digger bouncing around inside the trailer. Bog standard builders set up. The labourers get the transit :D
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Which has got me thinking and we should be careful I suppose. As cyclists we are very tribal (which I see as fine by the way) . Soo many here don't like being linked with the head down buttock up brigade. Just because we all ride a bike............Calling all trailer drivers farmers just because they tug an Ivor Williams isn't fair. So does the building trade and so does the grounds work trade.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Pebble wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 8:29pm
Dingdong wrote: 30 Oct 2022, 7:22am

this one was going at some rate of knotts when it past me. trailer was partially airborne
these oversized american style truck like this one are often driven very fast and aggressively, as a cyclist I dread the things.
Looks like a quiet enough sort of road too

BTW I tried a tax check on that number plate using a few different variants of the number eg changing the O for a zero etc but can't return any details???
I am here. Where are you?
Tinnishill

Post by Tinnishill »

The DVLA MOT checker say's it's a white 2015 Landrover
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Interesting, I read that as MV65DSO which returns as 'no such vehicle'.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Pebble

Post by Pebble »

It was a few months ago so may be the vehicle related to the trailer is no more - the black truck had a different reg to the trailer (which is very normal round here). I kept the video as the driver stopped and sort of threatened me.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Pebble wrote: 1 Nov 2022, 8:13am It was a few months ago so may be the vehicle related to the trailer is no more - the black truck had a different reg to the trailer (which is very normal round here). I kept the video as the driver stopped and sort of threatened me.
Why did the driver stop if in such a hurry?
Tinnishill

Post by Tinnishill »

Unread post by Paulatic » 1 Nov 2022, 8:45am
Interesting, I read that as MV65DSO which returns as 'no such vehicle'.
Yes that's odd. I found it last night but this morning it says " details not found". However,
carcheck uk.jpg
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

What doesn't make sense is that he/she stopped when in a terrible hurry -- what happened to make them stop ?

The number plate could've been from a long gone vehicle which might not ever have been registered on the Nova system etc -- still very illegal to display on a trailer on adopted roads.

also here in NI there's special short journey tax status for certain vehicles between land in close proximity that the farmer owns ( maybe at some point in time a road was built through their land etc ) don't know what happens across in England though.

All very odd but you can see the trailer clearly going fast as it is airborne there.

Edit -- apparently you can have an unregistered "farm vehicle" to travel short distances ie 7 miles.