Plans for 2023?

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Jdsk

Re: Plans for 2023?

Post by Jdsk »

MrsHJ wrote: 7 Nov 2022, 1:25pm I think I've already bored on about my possible trips...
On the contrary: I love reading about your and others' plans. Please keep them coming.

: - )

Jonathan
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

MrsHJ wrote: ↑7 Nov 2022, 1:25pm
I think I've already bored on about my possible trips...

On the contrary: I love reading about your and others' plans. Please keep them coming.

: - )

Jonathan
Wow, some great ideas and plans - but a lot of people still not able to do what they want, that's a familiar feeling... MrsHJ I like your list and I didn't realise one could organise one's fantasy cycle trips on cycle.travel like that, I will have a go at sorting mine... I'm currently working on a few ideas, it makes the winter months more bearable!
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

iandriver wrote: 7 Nov 2022, 10:17am Eying up a gentle plod around the Moselle Valley area. Just trying to figure out how to get the bike to Luxembourg city or a good starting point. Perhaps cycle to Oostende and train from there.
Your post piqued my interest - I may well do this ride next year - after a bit of searching I found that I could take a bike from De-Panne tp Luxemboug on Belgian railways - Change at Gent and Bruxelles noord.
There is a ter from Luxembourg to Remiremont close to the source near the col de Bussang.
Bogawski

Post by Bogawski »

Good campsite nr Col de Bussang, Camping les Deux Ballons
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

Bogawski wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 3:46pm Good campsite nr Col de Bussang, Camping les Deux Ballons
Thanks for that but my camping days are over.
albal1

Post by albal1 »

Cherbourg to Palermo. Ferry to Tunis? And return. To nice if possible or Genoa. The train back to cherbourg.
WEBH

Post by WEBH »

Further from help and advice on here, a long promised trip UK to Istanbul. Based loosely around the Rhine and Danube river routes, setting off when the weather in spring looks ok.
First trip abroad on the treadly so a good challenge for me.
Astrobike

Post by Astrobike »

Rotterdam to caen via Brugge visiting the 1st world war battle fields and the D day beaches and home via Portsmouth that's the plan
Graham O

Post by Graham O »

Dingdong wrote: 13 Nov 2022, 7:54am Does anyone have experience of the southern route, through Portugal?
I've ridden Eurovelo 1 in various parts of central and northern Portugal and it's a mixed bag. In places, it is well signposted on nice cycle tracks, and elsewhere, it's a bit less than ideal. However, outside the big towns, resorts, the traffic is fairly quiet, the coffee and food is good and accommodation not expensive. Add in the good weather and it's a nice ride. High summer on the coast is rarely too hot for cycling, although spring/late autumn can be wet and windy.
Clouded Leopard

Post by Clouded Leopard »

Planning to visit all the Bomber Command Airfields, well what remains of some of them, of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. A trip back in time to my service days in the Royal Air Force.
When the earth becomes sick the animals will begin to die. When that happens The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them.
Graham O

Post by Graham O »

Hoping to get away for a week to Northern Portugal heading inland from the coast before going south down the border. Or alternatively, do my abandoned Big Birthday Ride from 2020 of Home to Gibraltar, which is now much shorter as home is no longer N.Wales, but Portugal!
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Graham O wrote: 7 Dec 2022, 10:21am ... Home to Gibraltar, which is now much shorter as home is no longer N.Wales, but Portugal!
The world is getting smaller, they say ...
Graham O

Post by Graham O »

mattheus wrote: 7 Dec 2022, 10:24am
Graham O wrote: 7 Dec 2022, 10:21am ... Home to Gibraltar, which is now much shorter as home is no longer N.Wales, but Portugal!
The world is getting smaller, they say ...
True, but I still want to do the French coast and it's now 900+km from here to France. Have to make another trip sometime.
wheelyhappy99

Post by wheelyhappy99 »

ANTONISH wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 6:00pm
Bogawski wrote: 14 Nov 2022, 3:46pm Good campsite nr Col de Bussang, Camping les Deux Ballons

If you want somewhere to stay in Remiremont, then a day trip out to Col du Bussang and the old silver mining villages try La Chouette Maison, Ave Julien Meline. Very good, lovely family running it and only about 200m from the railway station.
Thanks for that but my camping days are over.
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

Astrobike wrote: 6 Dec 2022, 7:52pm Rotterdam to caen via Brugge visiting the 1st world war battle fields and the D day beaches and home via Portsmouth that's the plan
If you are swinging by the Belgian coast, I really enjoyed the Atlantic Wall Museum in Ostend https://www.raversyde.be/en/atlantikwall-raversyde. Nice ride along the canal from Brugge.
They have big lockers in the ticket office where you can store panniers. Some WW1, mostly WW2.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....