Elon Musk: Saint or Sinner

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Dingdong

Re: Elon Musk: Saint or Sinner

Post by Dingdong »

Tangled Metal wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 11:22pm America is a bit precious about their constitution. Don't expect any bending of the constitution to let him stand as president. Even his money can't buy the constitution that much!

Seriously it's drummed into them through school years. It kind of becomes hardwired I think at times.
Sure, but who would have thought a twice impeached, tax avoiding, probable inciter to riot, hoarder of top secret government documents, probable felon would be able (and is now the most likely candidate) to run for the highest office once again?

America is another country, in fact it's two countries spli down the middlet, I'd say just about anything can and will happen in the US in the next two years. And that includes a rewrite of the rules to allow those not born in America to become president. Should Trump fail in his bid, or the legal process catches up with him in time, I'm sure Musk will be there or thereabouts. The US is going through its most bizarre period of history ever. Standards, long held respected laws and legislative acts are tumbling. It could be argued the country is going backwards, while moving forward.
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Aah! But he's American born that makes it OK!

Besides foresight on events yet to happen isn't something many people have. If they did perhaps GOP wouldn't have assisted so much. Perhaps they would though, but that's not against the constitution so not unamerican!
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Shirly shum mishtake as the question should be "Elon Musk: evil sinner, proto-fascist or merely a dangerous barmpot"?

Hopefully that Twatter will implode, inducing the Muskrat to make more queer "business decisions" that eventuate in his bankruptcy and consequent removal from the levers & knobs of power which he pulls & twists to muck up the world, as he does.

The twatting habit to which many are addicted seems to gradually widen the gap between reality and their perception of it. Soon they become puppets of a toxic brownian-motion "conversation" about imaginary conspiracies and the twatter's status in various sorts of mutual twatting contests. Let it die at the hands of the Muskrat, says I!

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes