Carbon seat post finish

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
gregoryoftours

Re: Carbon seat post finish

Post by gregoryoftours »

Pneumant wrote: 6 Dec 2022, 7:05pm I agree that the seat post has a raw unfinished functional look. I imagine a light application of shoe polish or car bumper black will improve the looks (for a while..). Out of interest - how is this particular post tightened into the frame?
It's that wedge you see with an Allen bolt in it. I'm not really keen on non round seatposts, it's more problematic if they get a bit sticky
Pneumant

Post by Pneumant »

gregoryoftours wrote: 7 Dec 2022, 2:23pm
Pneumant wrote: 6 Dec 2022, 7:05pm I agree that the seat post has a raw unfinished functional look. I imagine a light application of shoe polish or car bumper black will improve the looks (for a while..). Out of interest - how is this particular post tightened into the frame?
It's that wedge you see with an Allen bolt in it. I'm not really keen on non round seatposts, it's more problematic if they get a bit sticky
Thanks for explaining, guess this method does away with the seat clamp for a 'cleaner' look.
alexnharvey

Post by alexnharvey »

Pneumant wrote: 7 Dec 2022, 6:59pm
gregoryoftours wrote: 7 Dec 2022, 2:23pm

Thanks for explaining, guess this method does away with the seat clamp for a 'cleaner' look.
More importantly it'll be more aerodynamic.