What to feed donkeys?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: What to feed donkeys?

Post by Mick F »

Sailor ate a packet of biscuits yesterday evening.
Well, not the biscuits ........ just the packet. No doubt it'll pop out the back end later today. :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Post by rjb »

That's fortunate. It'll be neatly packaged then saving you effort of pooper scooping. Were they fig rolls ! :lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Hobnobs! :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
aflook

Post by aflook »

Mick F wrote: 1 Dec 2022, 8:38am
There's a story going about that chocolate is poisonous for dogs ......... as well as parrots!
Dogs are allergic to parrots?! 😉
Spintankle

Post by Spintankle »

peetee wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 4:17pm I love donkeys but i wouldn't suggest you feed it anything until you have spoken to the owner and asked if that's ok.
My thought too. Especially if it's getting fed crisps. Animals can have pretty specific dietary needs so I'd be careful about that, especially if there's an owner that doesn't take well to it.
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

His favourite grub is raw carrots
cc1085

Post by cc1085 »

My late Aunt had a donkey that loved to eat cigarettes. Yes, not a joke.
mdh

Post by mdh »

cc1085 wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 11:34pm My late Aunt had a donkey that loved to eat cigarettes. Yes, not a joke.
The donkey didn't love to eat cigarettes - that's a projected human emotion. The donkey was presented with cigarettes and ate them.
Which pretty much proves the point. Just because an animal eats something they are offered, doesn't mean it's good for them to do so.
Dingdong

Post by Dingdong »

cc1085 wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 11:34pm My late Aunt had a donkey that loved to eat cigarettes. Yes, not a joke.
That's incredible. I wonder if it could be persuaded to smoke? Humans are just as gullible...
cc1085

Post by cc1085 »

mdh wrote: 12 Dec 2022, 7:17am
The donkey didn't love to eat cigarettes - that's a projected human emotion. The donkey was presented with cigarettes and ate them.
Which pretty much proves the point. Just because an animal eats something they are offered, doesn't mean it's good for them to do so.
My Aunt wore a very baggy old cardigan that had a small pocket on either side. She had her cigs in one and matches in the other. One day the packet of fags fell to the ground and the donkey ate the lot immediately. After that the donkey must have got a taste for them as he was always trying to get cigs which made my Aunt mad as they were expensive and precious to her and she had to watch the donkey all the time. She never fed cigs to him.