the undiscussable

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
sussex cyclist

the undiscussable

Post by sussex cyclist »

Is there anything you'd like to discuss, but don't, either because you're afraid you'll offend too many people, or bring down the wrath of mod?
ANTONISH

Re: the undiscussable

Post by ANTONISH »

sussex cyclist wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 9:33am Is there anything you'd like to discuss, but don't, either because you're afraid you'll offend too many people, or bring down the wrath of mod?
Yes - you may not mean to offend, indeed you may not actually offend anyone but the decision of mod is final and there is no possibility of discussing the issue.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

sussex cyclist wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 9:33am Is there anything you'd like to discuss, but don't, either because you're afraid you'll offend too many people, or bring down the wrath of mod?
WoderUfink? :-)

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

...but surely, there is simply no aspect of a cycle or its use, that is likely to offend so badly, that moderation is required? :lol:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
pete75

Post by pete75 »

simonineaston wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 10:19am ...but surely, there is simply no aspect of a cycle or its use, that is likely to offend so badly, that moderation is required? :lol:
Rational dress?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

simonineaston wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 10:19am ...but surely, there is simply no aspect of a cycle or its use, that is likely to offend so badly, that moderation is required? :lol:
EVERYTHING* is fine

in moderation.

*Except block caps, of course.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

I presume that's intended to start a discussion.

IIRC, when SimonL6 went to a lot of trouble to persuade CTC head honcho Kevin Mayne to agree to an official CTC forum, the requirement for strict family-friendly moderation was high on the list. Technical topics which often led to flame-thrower tactics on the old unmoderated forum included electric bikes and believe it or not, mudguards (especially non-use of)
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Yes, but of course I can't say what it is.

Jonathan
ncutler

Post by ncutler »

All topics that are not compulsory are forbidden.
No pasaran
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

How about limiting the use of cycle to cycle lanes only? This would liberate the shackled motorist and allow for faster travel?
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Pointlessness of helmets.
Mick F. Cornwall
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Billy Conneley would have identified it... :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

pete75 wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 10:42am
Rational dress?
Natioanal dress! :shock:

PS,or even fashionable dress :shock: :shock:
Last edited by reohn2 on 8 Dec 2022, 5:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
rjb

Post by rjb »

Nobody's revived the single pannier issue recently. I'm getting my tin lid ready. :twisted:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Biospace

Post by Biospace »

rjb wrote: 8 Dec 2022, 5:14pm Nobody's revived the single pannier issue recently. I'm getting my tin lid ready. :twisted:
Does it matter which side? :shock: