Cycle tights [thin and tall]

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
belgiangoth

Cycle tights [thin and tall]

Post by belgiangoth »

Riding the catrike the other day I could feel the belt loop of my trousers digging in to my back; I figured that tight would solve this problem (and potential bee flying up my trouser legs).
But which tights? I would only use these for laidbacks, so no need for padding.
Also, I would want something suitable for someone 6'+ but size 30 waist.
Any recommendations?
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
OldBloke

Re: Cycle tights [thin and tall]

Post by OldBloke »

I use compression tights, like they use in gyms, with shorts over them for modesty. I bought a size or two bigger than usual because I didn't need lots of compression. In winter I use thermal tights like they use for skiing. They are just cheap ones that I got from Aldi.

OB
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

I used to ride in Ron Hill Bikesters. They're comfortable and seam-free, and they stretch, but they look less like Professor Wallofsky than tights. Bikesters were the same as Tracksters except the waistline was raised slightly at the back, but they've now discontinued the Bikester name, and raised the waistline of the Tracksters instead.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
belgiangoth

Post by belgiangoth »

I have had the Bikesters recommended before - my concern was the foot loops and matching length to waist (My leg length i L or XL and my waist would be S). Good shout on the Aldi tights - though a google search of winter tights only gives me results for women's clothing for some reason...
If I had a baby elephant, I would put it on a recumbent trike so that it would become invisible.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Is OP after long or shorts? On my bent I ended up getting rowing shorts. Company recommended to me on the forum but a bit of grief getting them to fit (maybe I'm a strange shape, whatever) but company were 110% excellent, custom made after I pinned-up the bad fit pair (and all for the standard RRP of their standard off-the-shelf shorts). Very robust, comfortable.

Ian
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

belgiangoth wrote: 22 Dec 2022, 4:59pm I have had the Bikesters recommended before - my concern was the foot loops and matching length to waist (My leg length i L or XL and my waist would be S). Good shout on the Aldi tights - though a google search of winter tights only gives me results for women's clothing for some reason...
Foot-loops on Tracksters a problem? easily solved with a pair of scissors!

Other than that, any running shop should have a selection of tights ranging from cheap as chips to cheap as, errr, lobster thermidor with caviar, where at least some should favour your build and dimensions.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
UpWrong

Post by UpWrong »

Grldtnr

Post by Grldtnr »

Could try Godfrey sports> Godfrey sports .com
Made to measure or standard, they deal in sports clothing for cycy & rowing, both cross over sports regards clobber.
A laid back, low down, layabout recumbent triker!
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

pjclinch wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 7:19am

Foot-loops on Tracksters a problem? easily solved with a pair of scissors!

Pete.
Yes, cut the whole foot loop off, neatly, and sew on some wide …….longer……elastic, then put on with socks over the top.