Heart Aortic Valve

Allenm

Heart Aortic Valve

Post by Allenm »

Last March 2021 I had major heart surgery Aortic valve fitted and a pacemaker. Since then I have been attending the cardio gym twice a week. I am on the waiting list for a replacement pacemaker as the one I have is not functioning as it should. So the new one will be a three lead instead of a two lead, bit like a two cylinder motor to a Ferrari three cylinder motor. :) My worry is getting back on my hybrid bicycle and enjoying what I did before my operation. I feel I need to build up my fitness level but also my confidence. Coventry has started to build some cycle paths and I'm looking forward ridding on them.
Vorpal

Re: Heart Aortic Valve

Post by Vorpal »

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few previous threads on related topics.

This one has links to others viewtopic.php?t=103660&hilit=heart

I'm sure there are a few folks around the forum who can help out, if you have questions.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Welcome.

Are you in a cardiac rehabilitation programme or similar or do you have access to a physiotherapist?

Any particular worries about what will happen when you get out and about on your bike again?

Happy Christmas

Jonathan
Allenm

Post by Allenm »

Thanks for the message.
I'm in cardio rehabilitation. I've been advised to lay off the bike until my fitness level is better, I am better then I was when I first started with my fitness increased by 53%. My worries are fainting and been breathless. This I think is more to do with my pacemaker. Also confidence as well.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year
Allen.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

It's good to hear that you've got access to advice.

I hope that the new pacemaker helps, and that you can enjoy riding again as soon as possible.

Jonathan