"Swapping out" stamps

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
rjb

Re: "Swapping out" stamps

Post by rjb »

What do I do with these 2 I've got. Can you even replace them with barcoded versions?
I see used ones on flebay for £1.50.
Should I swap them for barcoded ones. Save them for my next visit from the fairy, Stick them on an envelope, post them so they get franked and try eBay or something else.
All suggestions welcome. :D
1p stamp
1p stamp
download.jpeg (10.17 KiB) Viewed 308 times
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
RickH

Post by RickH »

simonineaston wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 11:32am On the other hand, my printing of the return form reveals I'll need more ink soon... the value of the swapped stamps paling into insignificance against the cost of another pair of ink cartridges! It may literally be cheaper to buy a new printer.
I've joked in the past to people that it seems like you get a free printer when you buy your first set of cartridges! :D

We do quite a bit of printing. In the second half of 2021 I worked out I had spent around £150 on Canon cartridges. With the printer getting increasingly temperamental, exacerbated by a failed attempt at using 3rd party inks (got my money back on those), I bought a new Epson ink tank printer in early January 2022 for ~£200. After 12 months, & similar printing levels, we're around half way through the black & about 1/3 of the way through each of the 3 colours. Genuine Epson inks are less than £10 each, or around £33 for a set of all 4.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

simonineaston wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 11:32am On the other hand, my printing of the return form reveals I'll need more ink soon... the value of the swapped stamps paling into insignificance against the cost of another pair of ink cartridges! It may literally be cheaper to buy a new printer.
I've seen printers in Tesco cheaper than the cartidges to fit them, but I thought that the cartirdges in new printers were only partially filled for that reason.

I refuse to have anything to do with the printer ink swindle, so I use the pinter in the library.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Thanks for the reminder. Sorted my stamps....£4 odd. Mrs mined her handbag...
£19! :lol: Well worth swapping.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

To add a result, my three replacement bar-coded 1st class stamps arrived today at nil personal cost to me.

The cost to the Royal Mail might be anything. As well as my three stamps I received an itemised despatch note and a personally addressed covering letter.