OSF for Tongsheng

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
javatime

OSF for Tongsheng

Post by javatime »

Further to my previous post, I am interested in learning more about this.

Does the Tongsheng come with OSF, or do you initially have to replace the stock firmware with OSF so that you can make adjustments ?

What settings can be changed, and what are the advantages of changing them ?
hemo

Re: OSF for Tongsheng

Post by hemo »

One has to down load the the programmes & software for OSF, in all there are four parts to down load.
For me it was a bit of a game as my W10 laptop simply refused to save the JAVA download programme , after many hours and days of trying I dug out another older W8 notebook which has a dead battery and a smashed screen. After coaxing the notebook in to life JAVA and all the other programmes down loaded easy peasy and I was able to update my tsdz2.

One can change power input % on all four PAS modes available to the rider and many other parameters in all there are three pages of parameters one can adjust.
I never used the tongsheng with original software but just plumped for the OSF as I use 12s /44v so was able to adjust the voltages and battery capacity to suit my battery. The OSF tweaking is reported by all to be an improvement on the factory settings with improved power/ feel and battery economy.

On the 'Endless Sphere' forum there are two large threads that delve in to the tsdz ops and the OSF side.
Last edited by hemo on 30 Jan 2023, 10:03am, edited 4 times in total.
hemo

Post by hemo »

On pedelecs forum there are two main threads covering the tsdz2 and OSF.

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/thread ... dz2.39384/

A thread I started with my experience (as a non techy type of person) of the tsdz2 and downloading /programming the OSF for the tsdz2.
https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/thread ... ild.43189/
In all it covers most of the need to know, most of the thread can be glazed over but in the 24 page thread are all the important bits to know.

Both the threads cover the st link needed to make the programming lead with pics and the downloads with links needed for the pc.

The only stumbling block is downloading JAVA and is simply down to the PC OS blocking the download laoding to the pc registry.
javatime

Post by javatime »

Many thanks for the background .

A lot of information there, and in the linked threads - I think I will see how I get on after a few weeks and big rides to see whether or not I go down that path

Thanks again for the explanation
hemo

Post by hemo »

With OSF there is 5th PAS option, a hybrid mode that combines both Torque mode and PAS mode. It's application is said to be good for slower technical riding or simply starting froma stand still with less torque from the off , then as speed builds up the torque multiplier comes in to it's own and power ramps up.
The max power one can have in torque or PAS mode is 500% but typically the max factory setting is set for about 300% in level 4 or 5 and in level 1 the % is approx. 40 - 60 % , the OSF allows one to tweak the % in each level to suit their needs.

With the failure loading JAVA to my w10 pc , the command prompt showed that for what ever reason that the download wouldn't save to the pc registry.
the snail

Post by the snail »

The TS doesn't come with OSF installed unless you buy from a retailer who has installed it. Last I heard the recent TS controllers can't be reflashed with OSF? I never bothered trying it, as mine seems fine with the stock firmware.
bikes4two

Post by bikes4two »

the snail wrote: 31 Jan 2023, 5:13pm ......Last I heard the recent TS controllers can't be reflashed with OSF? ,.
True enough. Somewhere on the pedelecs.uk forum it tells you how to determine what controller you have by measuring the voltages on the Speedo connector (the connector you connect the st link to).

I know hemo had issues loading the java scripts on his Win10 computer, but I didn't have any issues on my Win10 laptop and I don't know enough to explain that.

PS try this link re the different voltages for different controllers. I use OSF and it's great.

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/thread ... ost-667458
Without my stoker, every trip would only be half a journey
hemo

Post by hemo »

Yes I had a devil of a job with the Lenovo small laptop , it simply would not upload JAVA to the pc registry. All the other system uploads were fine with no issue.
In the end older defunct W8 note book uploaded JAVA just fine.

Not for the first time either, another UK guy had the same issue which I read about on ES.