Sherpr

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
in4time

Sherpr

Post by in4time »

Had any used the bike courier services of Sherpr?
I’m thinking of shipping my bike to Singapore for a tour.
Thanks
mumbojumbo

Re: Sherpr

Post by mumbojumbo »

No but can take on a plane.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Why is the question.

Plenty of airlines going that way who will carry for free. Much less hassle. Believe me I've done it many times, albeit mainly Bangkok and KL, plus occasional other SE Asian cities.

Happy to advise or help.

One thing about using a courier, I don't know about Singapore, but be careful you don't get caught in an import duty hassle like into EU at the moment.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Me again. Sometimes people get fixated on the cheapest airline, then fall foul of their baggage rules.

I always fly Emirates, primarily because they take my bike, no question. Any extra cost is worth it.

Singapore, Malaysian, Etihad, Qatar all good, but you may need to buy a slightly more expensive economy ticket to get the required weight.

Where are you cycling to? NE Monsoons are prevailing wind at the moment. On the nose all the way north.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Me yet, yet again.

Sherpr max size is 80cms for longest side. Normal LBS boxes start at about 130 max side.
Sherpr biggest box is 80 X 56 X 33

Will even a completely stripped bike get in a 80 long box. Dunno.
richards

Post by richards »

I’ve used Sherpr to send my bike to and from France twice. Collected and arrived on time. More expensive last year than the year before. I’ve still got the box they sold me and took (about £10 if I remember right). I’ll measure it tomorrow if you want but it’s plenty big enough for my 58cms bike. It’s lasted two return journeys and I’m tossing up whether to use it again or buy a bike out there and keep it there this year.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

For France they offer a bik box, size is
Max 155cm x 30cm x 85cm.

For Singapore, no sign of a bike box on their website. The largest they offer is
Luggage 30kg
Max 80cm x 56cm x 33cm
in4time

Post by in4time »

Logging in/ posting problems. Apologies for awol!