Frame identification

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
oxo

Frame identification

Post by oxo »

I can’t get a photo right now, maybe later.

It’s a road frame. Tringular’ish profile top tube and down tube. All other tubing seems a more conventional profile. Black ITM forks, which appear to be carbon. Label on seat tube states: Lite 7005 Nervex.

Any ideas?
thirdcrank

Re: Frame identification

Post by thirdcrank »

oxo wrote: 3 Feb 2023, 10:22pm I can’t get a photo right now, maybe later.

It’s a road frame. Tringular’ish profile top tube and down tube. All other tubing seems a more conventional profile. Black ITM forks, which appear to be carbon. Label on seat tube states: Lite 7005 Nervex.

Any ideas?
Welcome

There sounds to be something a bit similar listed on ebay. I see the vendor is or is associated with Gloucestershire Bike CIC - a not-for-profit outfit

Otherwise, once upon a time, Nervex used to make lugs. It looks as though Lite 7005 Nervex is now a type of frame tube, which doesn't narrow down your search much
oxo

Post by oxo »

Thanks thirdcrank. Hopefully this photo helps.

Last edited by oxo on 5 Feb 2023, 7:50pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumbojumbo

Post by mumbojumbo »

Looks like a generic Taiwanese frame, awaiting a marque.. Often bought by small-scale cycle builders.
oxo

Post by oxo »

Thanks Mumbo. That explains the absence of decals.
I intend selling it.
There seems to be about 1 or 2mm of play in the bottom bracket. Is that within limits?
Front brake and chainring derailer are marked Veloce Campagnolo.
Chainset is marked Brev. Campagnolo
The headset top cover is marked Alpina
Should I just see if someone wants it all together?
Valbrona

Post by Valbrona »

Hope that the threads in the BB shell aren't knackered.
I should coco.
gregoryoftours

Post by gregoryoftours »

1 or 2mm of bb play is not within limits. Check where the movement comes from, if it's where the bb cups meet the frame then thread wear/damage is a possibility. If it's just in the bb bearings I'd sell it as needing a new bottom bracket. I agree it looks like a generic frame that would be badged up by various sellers. It is not spectacular but decent, not worth too much but If you can be bothered to split you'll nearly always get more money. I'd sell frame, fork and possibly headset together, other parts separately. Bit of a shame the fork doesn't have mudguard fittings/maybe clearance as the back does. What is the mark on the inside of the left hand fork blade? Is the self extracting crank bolt a 7mm Allen fitting?