New Shimano CUES groupset

For discussions about bikes and equipment.
maximus meridius

Re: New Shimano CUES groupset

Post by maximus meridius »

interestedcp wrote: 3 Mar 2023, 11:56am Also, Shimano is a de facto monopoly when it comes to utility cycling, so it is extremely unlikely that any competitor will step up and make cup-and-cone bearing hubs to compete with Shimano.

I guess this is also the final farewell to shining silver parts, and probably 36H hubs as well, at least in the sense that these things will become marginalized to an extreme degree.
Well, I already have a box full of spare NOS 9 speed triple STIs, derailleurs front and back, and decent quality BBs.

So it looks like I need to start stocking up on hubs too.
zenitb

Post by zenitb »

maximus meridius wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 9:18am
interestedcp wrote: 3 Mar 2023, 11:56am Also, Shimano is a de facto monopoly when it comes to utility cycling, so it is extremely unlikely that any competitor will step up and make cup-and-cone bearing hubs to compete with Shimano.

I guess this is also the final farewell to shining silver parts, and probably 36H hubs as well, at least in the sense that these things will become marginalized to an extreme degree.
Well, I already have a box full of spare NOS 9 speed triple STIs, derailleurs front and back, and decent quality BBs.

WAAAAAAAY ahead of you Max!!
Attachments
20230319_150956.jpg
maximus meridius

Post by maximus meridius »

zenitb wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 3:19pm
maximus meridius wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 9:18am

WAAAAAAAY ahead of you Max!!
Phwoarr!!