Komoot is annoying!! (Cant change multi day routes)

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
bungle73

Komoot is annoying!! (Cant change multi day routes)

Post by bungle73 »

Can someone tell me how I'm supposed to change the start and end points of legs on a multi-day tour so they are where I want them to be and not where Komoot wants them to be??? I managed to do it with day 1, but now it's refusing to let me change days 2 and 3!

Honestly this much hyped program is very frustrating! I'd be better off doing it as individual routes in on another platform!
Last edited by bungle73 on 8 Mar 2023, 8:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nearholmer

Re: Komoot is annoyingg!!

Post by Nearholmer »

And, the other, more workable systems, are free.

Sorry, no, I don’t know.,I junked it after a short trial because I couldn’t see any value in it.
bungle73

Post by bungle73 »

So I guess no one knows then and/or it can't be done. Great. So a fundamental part of planning a multi-day tour can't be done on the most hyped bike program on the internet. Brilliant. :roll:
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Have you asked Komoot?
https://support.komoot.com/hc/en-us

Jonathan
glucas

Post by glucas »

I'm guessing you can't do this because you have to upgrade your membership. I unlocked their maps worldwide for a one off fee - I think it was £30 at the time. I thought I was then a premium member, but no - I was then bombarded with emails about upgrading to a membership to allow me to do this multi stage/day planning. I was a bit bemused at the time, but I'm guessing they have to make their money somehow.
Sparky56

Post by Sparky56 »

i gave up with komoot as it’s so annoying.
bungle73

Post by bungle73 »

Jdsk wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 2:42pm Have you asked Komoot?

Jonathan
As far as I can see it doesn't say..........
bungle73

Post by bungle73 »

glucas wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 2:45pm I'm guessing you can't do this because you have to upgrade your membership. I unlocked their maps worldwide for a one off fee - I think it was £30 at the time. I thought I was then a premium member, but no - I was then bombarded with emails about upgrading to a membership to allow me to do this multi stage/day planning. I was a bit bemused at the time, but I'm guessing they have to make their money somehow.
I've already got premium membership. The reason I got it is so I could plan a multi day route!
glucas

Post by glucas »

Oh no! That's ridiculous. :roll:
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

bungle73 wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 2:56pm
On the website?

You can send them specific technical questions...

Jonathan
bungle73

Post by bungle73 »

Jdsk wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 2:58pm
bungle73 wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 2:56pm
On the website?

You can send them specific technical questions...

Jonathan
I did a search on the page you linked to and it doesn't say. And it says you can contact them to "report technical errors, learn about known issues and common feature requests", none of which are what I want. I really should not have to jump through a bunch of hoops to find out something so basic. I expected a quick and basic answer by posting here. That one hasn't arrived by now means to me means it can't be done. It's useless!
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Submitting a request

If none of the articles answers your question you can submit a request by tapping on the three parallel lines at the very top of the Support Center when you are on a mobile device or by clicking on “submit a request” when you are working with a PC.

Please submit your request as a logged in user if you already have an account, so we can access your data in order to reply best to your question. Please fill out the fields of the form so we can reply swiftly with all information at hand. If for various reasons you cannot write as a logged in user, please provide the mail address you registered with at komoot or your user ID.

https://support.komoot.com/hc/en-us/art ... ng-support

(My emboldening.)

Jonathan
Nearholmer

Post by Nearholmer »

That one hasn't arrived by now means to me means it can't be done.
That, if I may say so, is one gigantic, illogical leap.

It may be perfectly doable, but it maybe that the person who knows how hasn’t seen your question, is busy cooking their dinner and will answer later, is too tired to bother, has had to go and attend to their sick, elderly relative, or has decided to keep it a secret.

But yes, Komoot is annoying.

PS: it might help if you changed the thread title from an impassioned assertion to a specific plea for guidance.
bungle73

Post by bungle73 »

Jdsk wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 3:42pm Submitting a request

If none of the articles answers your question you can submit a request by tapping on the three parallel lines at the very top of the Support Center when you are on a mobile device or by clicking on “submit a request” when you are working with a PC.

Please submit your request as a logged in user if you already have an account, so we can access your data in order to reply best to your question. Please fill out the fields of the form so we can reply swiftly with all information at hand. If for various reasons you cannot write as a logged in user, please provide the mail address you registered with at komoot or your user ID.

https://support.komoot.com/hc/en-us/art ... ng-support

(My emboldening.)

Jonathan
Yeah, ok, thanks. Well I've done that and no reply so far.
bungle73

Post by bungle73 »

Nearholmer wrote: 8 Mar 2023, 7:05pm
That one hasn't arrived by now means to me means it can't be done.
That, if I may say so, is one gigantic, illogical leap.

It may be perfectly doable, but it maybe that the person who knows how hasn’t seen your question, is busy cooking their dinner and will answer later, is too tired to bother, has had to go and attend to their sick, elderly relative, or has decided to keep it a secret.

But yes, Komoot is annoying.

PS: it might help if you changed the thread title from an impassioned assertion to a specific plea for guidance.
Oh come off it. We're not talking about some obscure sub-feature, we are talking about something fundamental to planning a trip, and on one of the most hyped and well publicised cycle resourcs on the internet!