New barriers near nissan factory in Sunderland

gazza_d

New barriers near nissan factory in Sunderland

Post by gazza_d »

After a decade or so with no barriers on the footbridge over the A19 next to Nissan and the transport museum, Sunderland council this week turned back the clock and installed new ones.

At the western end, the middle gap is about 1.7m and from each barrier to the opposite side is approx 1.4m even though it looks smaller and isn't easy to navigate.
The barriers would also be hard to see in bad weather and poor light.
IMG_20230324_064548.jpg
This shows the gap nicely
IMG_20230324_064700.jpg
At the eastern end there is only a single barrier reducing the gap.
IMG_20230324_064840.jpg
Gaz
mumbojumbo

Re: New barriers near nissan factory in Sunderland

Post by mumbojumbo »

Big improvement.
Toffee

Post by Toffee »

gazza_d wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 5:09pm After a decade or so with no barriers on the footbridge over the A19 next to Nissan and the transport museum, Sunderland council this week turned back the clock and installed new ones.

At the western end, the middle gap is about 1.7m and from each barrier to the opposite side is approx 1.4m even though it looks smaller and isn't easy to navigate.
The barriers would also be hard to see in bad weather and poor light.
IMG_20230324_064548.jpg
This shows the gap nicely
IMG_20230324_064700.jpg
At the eastern end there is only a single barrier reducing the gap.
IMG_20230324_064840.jpg

Gaz
Do you know why they have put barriers in?
gazza_d

Post by gazza_d »

The reply I got from Autolink who manage and maintain the A19 (which is the road the non motorised user bridge crossed) said that they had forgot to replace them several years ago after some maintenance so reinstalled them. They'd been gone for about a decade ago.

The good news is that within a few days of my complaint, Autolink accepted my comments and those of others, accepted the barriers were inappropriate and quickly removed them.

Gary
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Well done.

Jonathan
pwa

Post by pwa »

Looking at them, the only vehicle type that would be inhibited or kept out completely would be something like a car or a van, which could just as well be kept out with a single bollard. If needed.
Toffee

Post by Toffee »

gazza_d wrote: 13 May 2023, 3:06pm The reply I got from Autolink who manage and maintain the A19 (which is the road the non motorised user bridge crossed) said that they had forgot to replace them several years ago after some maintenance so reinstalled them. They'd been gone for about a decade ago.

The good news is that within a few days of my complaint, Autolink accepted my comments and those of others, accepted the barriers were inappropriate and quickly removed them.

Gary
Well done for complaining
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

A prize for the first person who can mark them correctly on osm ! ;-)
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)