Download Maps for Garmin1030

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
Trek520

Download Maps for Garmin1030

Post by Trek520 »

Hi all recently purchased a Garmin1030 and will be using on an upcoming trip around Portugal and Spain. MY
u question is do I need to download maps of the areas to the garmin so I can use them with the routes I have chosen like I had to do when I had a wahoo unit or are they automatic with the Garmin Thamks Conor
Jdsk

Re: Download Maps for Garmin1030

Post by Jdsk »

Bought new in the UK? I'd expect that to have a map of Europe already installed.

Check for updates and to add other maps::
https://www.garmin.com/en-GB/p/567991#maps

Jonathan
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Try creating a few routes locally on the 1030 between places in Spain (a typical day ride). Do same for Portugal.

Garmin 1030 can create routes locally on the device without an internet connection so if you can create routes locally then I suspect iy has the necessary mapping on-device.

Also, try zooming in on device to areas of your intended tour. Can you zoom in on the device to a suitable level of detail?

Sounds like OP might have purchased 2nd hand? (1030's are no longer available from Garmin, only Plus version, though maybe old store stock). Try installing Garmin Express on your computer and connect to the 1030. It should tell you what's on the device and also offer options to update if available.

Ian
drossall

Post by drossall »