Planet X Returns

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
TrevA

Planet X Returns

Post by TrevA »

Bought a few items from Planet X recently and I’ve had to send a couple of them back, due to wrong size. They sent a Yodel “paid for” return label. I stuck that on the package and took it to the local Collect+ shop. They scanned it and it didn’t work. I tried another shop with the same result. Contacted Planet X and they emailed me a Post Office “ Paid For” label. I printed it off, stuck it on the parcel and took it along to the Post Office this morning. Guess what? Yes, It wouldn’t scan! I ended up having to pay a fiver for postage to send it back. From their email, I gather that I’m not the only one to have this problem with their returns labels. Beware!
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
markjohnobrien

Re: Planet X Returns

Post by markjohnobrien »

TrevA wrote: 11 Apr 2023, 1:54pm Bought a few items from Planet X recently and I’ve had to send a couple of them back, due to wrong size. They sent a Yodel “paid for” return label. I stuck that on the package and took it to the local Collect+ shop. They scanned it and it didn’t work. I tried another shop with the same result. Contacted Planet X and they emailed me a Post Office “ Paid For” label. I printed it off, stuck it on the parcel and took it along to the Post Office this morning. Guess what? Yes, It wouldn’t scan! I ended up having to pay a fiver for postage to send it back. From their email, I gather that I’m not the only one to have this problem with their returns labels. Beware!
Thanks. I’ve bought a lot of stuff from them in the past and will take note.

I did have problems getting replies from their generic customer services but found a direct e-mail which speeded things up nicely.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
NewHorizon

Post by NewHorizon »

I did a return a little while ago and had no issues - could it be your printer? In any event, the bar code is usually only a number, which should be on the label as well, and which can be entered manually by the parcel shop. I was pleasantly surprised that the process was easy and free - Wiggle now charge for returns and, having just sent one back, I had to wait 4 weeks for a refund, and that only after two tickets raised, the second unanswered, and two online chats.
foxychick

Post by foxychick »

I ordered 3 sets of tyres on 3 different occasions and they sent the wrong ones every time, i had to go through Paypal to get a full refund on the postage, you can never ever get to speak to anyone on the phone, their customer service is trash on a grand scale, used to buy lots off them but never used them since, looks like i am not the only one either.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

Not my printer as the first label was a stick on label supplied by Planet X. The girl in customer service even admitted that they had been having a lot of trouble with returns lately. A bit rubbish when 2 labels for 2 different couriers don’t work, when you’ve taken the trouble to contact them about it.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com