Nut Zero

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
thirdcrank

Re: Nut Zero

Post by thirdcrank »

Locals in the Brecon Beacons

https://whatpub.com/search?q=brecon+bea ... home=1&p=1

(Sorry.)
mjr

Post by mjr »

pwa wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 7:47pm
Stevek76 wrote: 18 Apr 2023, 6:14pm
honesty wrote: 17 Apr 2023, 7:43pm And I thought this was going to be a discussion about problems “down there”….
Was a little surprised at the title also :lol:
You thought it might be news of a personal deficiency? :lol:
It seems that the moderators fully agree with this use of clickbait trolling topic titles in the Tea (Party) Shop.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

See the Labour Party backtracking on spending £28bn per annum on molifying climate change?

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

al_yrpal wrote: 9 Jun 2023, 2:36pm See the Labour Party backtracking on spending £28bn per annum on molifying climate change?

Al
Yes, I saw the change too and the reasons why; see: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65853872

It’s really a case of dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. The current lot, though better led by Sunak than others, will likely be replaced next year and Labour are wise to (try to) position themselves as more fiscally responsible than the Tory party. I don’t think much of where the economy is at the moment and whist external factors have made things difficult the Tories should take some responsibility for where we are too.

Whatever, the echo chamber that we have here will pronounce what’s what and after that all else is irrelevant 😉.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote: 9 Jun 2023, 2:36pm See the Labour Party backtracking on spending £28bn per annum on molifying climate change?

Al
It's as a result of what your Liz did to the economy during her 49 days.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Does anyone else read posts on this forum and think.
What the HECK has this got do with the thread, or even the preceding page of posts?

No, just me? OK, IGMC ...
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

pete75 wrote: 9 Jun 2023, 3:36pm

Al
My Liz? Thought she was a pin up for you millionaires? :lol:

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
mjr

Post by mjr »

mattheus wrote: 9 Jun 2023, 4:06pm Does anyone else read posts on this forum and think.
What the HECK has this got do with the thread, or even the preceding page of posts?

You are not alone...
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

He,He,He you're a one you are Al......
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
pete75

Post by pete75 »

al_yrpal wrote: 9 Jun 2023, 5:15pm
pete75 wrote: 9 Jun 2023, 3:36pm

Al
My Liz? Thought she was a pin up for you millionaires? :lol:

Al
No, the pin up for right wing supporters of brexit and failed business owners.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Carlton green

Post by Carlton green »

mattheus wrote: 9 Jun 2023, 4:06pm Does anyone else read posts on this forum and think.

In general the quality of responses on Tea Room threads is pretty mixed and rather too reminiscent of children bickering and trying to show each other up. That’s a pity really ‘cause some interesting points and useful ideas are often expressed there too. Of course some folk here post more constructive comments and responses than others, there’s always going to be a bit of natural variance in abilities but some of the stuff really isn’t what any adult should be writing and the people concerned surely know better.
Don’t fret, it’s OK to: ride a simple old bike; ride slowly, walk, rest and admire the view; ride off-road; ride in your raincoat; ride by yourself; ride in the dark; and ride one hundred yards or one hundred miles. Your bike and your choices to suit you.

Post by 853 »

Yes, in the 'Tea Shop' all of the time.

I rarely read this section now, as frankly it's not worth the time
pete75

Post by pete75 »

The point is Labour are having to rethink their spending plans for the environment because of the inflation, higher interests rates and generally poorer economic propsects cause by Truss's disastrous 49 days.
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Screeching Labour U turn on the cards. 24 million gas boilers, 97 percent of vehicles run on petrol or diesel, 180 oil and gas fields will be exausted this decade and 60 percent of our energy comes from those sources. No new drilling....The Unions, Labours paymasters, are worried about the thousands of jobs that will disappear. We produce 1 percent of global emissions, China and the US 50 percent.

Just saying....

Al
pwa

Post by pwa »

al_yrpal wrote: 10 Jun 2023, 3:25pm Screeching Labour U turn on the cards. 24 million gas boilers, 97 percent of vehicles run on petrol or diesel, 180 oil and gas fields will be exausted this decade and 60 percent of our energy comes from those sources. No new drilling....The Unions, Labours paymasters, are worried about the thousands of jobs that will disappear. We produce 1 percent of global emissions, China and the US 50 percent.

Just saying....

Al
So our emissions are a bit more than our global share ought to be? We have a bit less than 1% of the world population but, you say, we produce 1% of emissions. And that is after getting China and others to do all the dirty maunufacturing for us! If we don't sort out our 1%, how can we ask them to sort out their share, some of which is from making stuff for us anyway?