Reliable tipi for touring

Cycle-touring, Expeditions, Adventures, Major cycle routes NOT LeJoG (see other special board)
dmason1962

Reliable tipi for touring

Post by dmason1962 »

Hi everyone.

We go cycling around the UK a few times per year (usually me and my wife and my son, if he doesn't have plans). We like to camp throughout our journeys and I'm trying to find a good tipi thast we could use.

Ideally I would want somewhere that has shelter for us and our bikes (so normally 2-3 bikes and a fair bit of camping gear aswell. We like the outdoors and all that jazz but we also like some comfort.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tipis that are easy to assemble and take around with us? We've hired in the past but I'm looking to purchase this time, as we will get good use out them.

Cheers

David
Jdsk

Re: Reliable tipi for touring

Post by Jdsk »

Welcome.

Please could you tell us a bit more about what you'd like.

Is the tent going to be carried with you on the bikes?

When you say tipi do you specifically want a tent that has long poles and makes a cone when the fabric wraps around the poles?

Jonathan
dmason1962

Re: Reliable tipi for touring

Post by dmason1962 »

Hi guys,

sorry for the late response - has been a hectic few weeks!

Ah ok, thanks for coming back.

Normally we would take the caravan and then we go for bike round from where we've parked up (which lets us take a bit more gear with us).

Been looking at something like this but not sure if it might be a bit much to put up and take down: https://thetipicompany.com/midi-hat/

Does anyone have any experience with those?

Thanks - David