Packing an MSR hubba hubba - roll or stuff?

Specifically for cycle touring subjects & questions
TimeTraveller

Re: Packing an MSR hubba hubba - roll or stuff?

Post by TimeTraveller »

I use the elixir 1, got this to replace my alpkit tents ( not very happy with those :()
I pack mine inner and footprint in one bag, fly sheet in another or drying in mesh bag (home made ) on rear rack. Condensation is sometimes an issue but I often pack a bit slower to air my sleep system so quite often have time to reverse the flysheet to dry after a good shake.. works fine most times, other times in very wet mornings I just shake and roll loose into the mesh bag. then when and if I get time to air along the way I do so.

The poles are quite long on the Elixir 1 so the go in the original pole sack on the rear rack, pegs go with the inner.. Never used to stuff sack provided as it just make a large lump to fine space for .
Pete... I think
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Wet and dry in two different bags. Stuff everything unless it's your best work shirt and you won't be wearing a jumper at work.
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

mattsccm wrote: 10 Jul 2023, 6:37am Wet and dry in two different bags. Stuff everything unless it's your best work shirt and you won't be wearing a jumper at work.
Another instance I wouldn't stuff is if it's a tent inner and it's been parked on very wet (or particularly very muddy and very wet) ground. If you fold so that the groundsheet encapsulates the (relatively) dry/clean inner you should get a minimum transfer of water/mud on to the rest of the inner compared to stuffing.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...