Bring it back - the MAGIC toaster !!

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
simonineaston

Bring it back - the MAGIC toaster !!

Post by simonineaston »

Heard of the Sunbeam Radiant toaster? Me neither...
https://www.theverge.com/22801890/sunbe ... -t35-vista
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Audax67

Re: Bring it back - the MAGIC toaster !!

Post by Audax67 »

Yes, I read of these a few years ago. They wouldn't do for us, alas: my wife likes her toast as black as a banker's heart and I like it lightly tanned. We have a gadget with a knob for degree of char, a manual lever to lower & lift, another one to squeeze the bread up to the elements and a selection of buttons for toasting both sides, just one, or some other combo that I've forgotten. It probably has a button for toasting nothing at all. It's due for its MOT next month (lie, but a plausible one).
Have we got time for another cuppa?
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

my wife likes her toast as black as a banker's heart and I like it lightly tanned.
What a challenge! There was - still is, I hope - a toaster shop in the covered market in the middle of Oxford and I used to go there on my lunch breaks and press my nose on the display window and wonder at them all, while I munched a scotch egg from David John's.
Back in the family home, in the '70s, we had a very solid gas cooker which incorporated an eye level grill, which meant you could see exactly how done each slice was and whip it away at the right moment. Happy Days...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

simonineaston wrote: 5 Jun 2023, 9:24am
my wife likes her toast as black as a banker's heart and I like it lightly tanned.
What a challenge! There was - still is, I hope - a toaster shop in the covered market in the middle of Oxford and I used to go there on my lunch breaks and press my nose on the display window and wonder at them all, while I munched a scotch egg from David John's.
Back in the family home, in the '70s, we had a very solid gas cooker which incorporated an eye level grill, which meant you could see exactly how done each slice was and whip it away at the right moment. Happy Days...
I remember our eye level grill - unfortunately I am easily distracted and on occasion had to beat out the flames on my burning toast.
At the moment I have a very cheap toaster which I bought when my more expensive one died.
It has lasted me a good number of years certainly longer than it's shiny chrome predecessor.