Re: chat GPT and other AI tools

Post by Jdsk »

I was agreeing with your edit!

: - )

Jonathan
Philip Benstead

Post by Philip Benstead »

The Chatgpt I used can't obtain material behind paywall and hence is in the public demand.

In regard to the helmet answers the view expressed are from humans who may have agenda to push but IMHO is not malicious.

My error was not to top and tail the text.

IMHO I think moderators over reacted.

If you took text from chat and rewrote it, is it still chat text?

How far do need to go, the same for any other text from say newspaper .
Philip Benstead | Life Member Former CTC Councillor/Trustee
Organizing events and representing cyclists' in southeast since 1988
Bikeability Instructor/Mechanic
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Philip Benstead wrote: 7 Jul 2023, 5:44pm ...
If you took text from chat and rewrote it, is it still chat text?
No. But the appropriateness of using it would depend on the sector and the context and the purpose.

Jonathan
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Just on the news "Martin Lewis says his voice and face was replicated by AI to urge people to invest in a Elon Musks new app " I'm wondering was that what happened when he urged people to invest in ICESAVE!
I am here. Where are you?
mjr

Post by mjr »

Cowsham wrote: 7 Jul 2023, 6:30pm Just on the news "Martin Lewis says his voice and face was replicated by AI to urge people to invest in a Elon Musks new app " I'm wondering was that what happened when he urged people to invest in ICESAVE!
https://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2008 ... and-upset/ and all individual investors got their money back eventually, didn't they?

Even if he once made a dud tip, why should that make him fair game for AI impersonation?
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

The wording of my post doesn't make sense now that you've changed the title of the thread.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
gaz

Re: You are authorised to edit the subject line of your own posts

Post by gaz »

axel_knutt wrote: 8 Jul 2023, 12:40am The wording of my post doesn't make sense now that you've changed the title of the thread.
It's your post, go back and edit to restore the original title of "You are not authorised to view this forum" or give it a new one :mrgreen: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

re_cycler wrote: 7 Jul 2023, 5:35pm
I did notice that where Bing search now gives AI generated replies it includes citations and the web links to view the original source. I would have inckuded an example but thought maybe that wouldn't be appreciated :D
I have seen examples where AI generated text included completely made up 'original' sources that sounded like the names of scientific papers.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Can two chatgbt's argue with each other or has anyone attempted to make that happen?

Could someone construct an argument for and against wearing helmets for example, using two different chat AI ?
re_cycler

Post by re_cycler »

ChatGPT can develop a decent argument against helmets, it's just a matter of getting the question you ask phrased correctly.

This produced a well constructed set of arguments that vary in detail but captured the same high level topics each time I've tried.

"construct an argument to support not wearing a helmet whilst cycling"
mattheus

Post by mattheus »

Anyone else getting deja vu??
re_cycler

Post by re_cycler »

mattheus wrote: 11 Jul 2023, 10:08am Anyone else getting deja vu??
But nothing new with that. Pick any subject

For anyone trying to understand the fuss around AI Radio 4 have a series running daily at 1:45pm on "Tech and AI". I think the first was yesterday but as usual the complete series is available on Sounds.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Cowsham wrote: 11 Jul 2023, 9:16am Can two chatgbt's argue with each other or has anyone attempted to make that happen?
Yes. It's been done many times and you can do it yourself with a bit of copy and paste.

It throws as little light on the topic as you'd expect.

Jonathan
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

re_cycler wrote: 11 Jul 2023, 10:25am
mattheus wrote: 11 Jul 2023, 10:08am Anyone else getting deja vu??
But nothing new with that. Pick any subject

For anyone trying to understand the fuss around AI Radio 4 have a series running daily at 1:45pm on "Tech and AI". I think the first was yesterday but as usual the complete series is available on Sounds.
Thanks I'll look that up.