Reliability of Mahle batteries

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
GC-uk1

Re: Reliability of Mahle batteries

Post by GC-uk1 »

PeterMar wrote: 21 Jan 2024, 1:03pm
Birdskowal wrote: 7 Jul 2023, 3:58pmHas anyone else experienced battery failure problems with the Mahle batteries or other Ebike systems?
Would you mind sharing how the batteries died of what were the symptoms of the fault. I have seen three batteries completely dead, no power output on battery, but system powers up when charger is connected. Not sure if this is relevant to your case, but I have found exactly the same problem in all three batteries. Component which costs less than a pound failure on the BMS, which is easy repairable if done immediately after the failure. If the battery is left like this for more than a week, the cells also fail due to deep discharge.
Hi Peter and all other members

Could you share how to replace( diagnose the BMS issues or who can mend. My battery isn’t working temp is reported as minus so hope with info I can repair or get someone to fix?

Appreciate you sharing the knowledge.

Graham
bikes4two

Re: Reliability of Mahle batteries

Post by bikes4two »

stodd wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 8:01pm Worth asking at https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/forums ... cussion.2/

I'm afraid you may just get lots of posts saying that's the problem with buying bikes with proprietary electrical systems but you may get one or two that really help.
All true enough about what responses to expect from that forum as there is a strong contingent of those who install kits with generic batteries or even build their own, thus avoiding the 'locked in' factor of proprietary system which is a real pain (financially and practically)
I suspect they aren't any less reliable than many other batteries
I am a regular reader of the pedelec and endless sphere forums and I'd say that the Mahle battery problems seem to arise more than other proprietary batteries - that is of course a subjective assessment but I've seen Mahle battery problems raised enough times that I'd not want to chance buying one although as has been said already, there are many happy Mahle owners.

That of course is no comfort to those who already have Mahle problems.
Without my stoker, every trip would only be half a journey