Burrows Windcheetah Group / Spares / Info?

DIscuss anything relating to non-standard cycles and their equipment.
Stu_Pid

Burrows Windcheetah Group / Spares / Info?

Post by Stu_Pid »

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a Burrows Windcheetah, Yes I know it has it has compromises and issues and may not be the best recumbent. BUT, I have been dreaming of owning one of these for 30+ years! Ever since finding 'Richards' Ultimate Bicycle Book' and pouring over the pages as a teen (which led me to build a Kingcycle clone for an A-level project) I've wanted one!

So my ask with AVD dissolved and MIke no longer with us are there any owners groups, spares available or old resources for manuals and specs etc!

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Jdsk

Re: Burrows Windcheetah Group / Spares / Info?

Post by Jdsk »

Have you found the BHPC forum:
http://forum.bhpc.org.uk

Jonathan
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

There are a few owners here, but spares are always going to be a challenge.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Stu_Pid

Post by Stu_Pid »

Thanks for the responses, most of the spares I'm hoping are general consumables I'm sure and other parts can be used for many (idlers etc) but If there's a community of enthusiasts or a resource of tech specs (whats the spec for the rear bearings etc?) I'm keen to here more.

I'm aware of the bhpc but only lurked there, I'll sign up and ask in the forums there too.

Thanks again and happy riding !
KM2

Post by KM2 »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154640239224 ... media=COPY

Would these be of use for the joystick steering?
gonzal

Post by gonzal »

@KM2:
Thank you for the eBay link to the UJs which appear to be made of steel. Apart from possible weight and corrosion issues, steel on steel might be a better wearing combination given good lubrication.