Covid autumn booster

Jdsk

Re: Covid autumn booster

Post by Jdsk »

Psamathe wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 1:06pm Looks like there are "system issues" with the autumn booster getting through to your Covid Travel Pass. Had my vaccination recently and it's all recorded and showing-up in my online Covid records. But the Covid Travel Pass isn't showing it.

Checked with the NHS Covid 119 number and apparently there are "issues" for some and no information or timescales for it to be resolved.
I can ask the relevant people.

Are you trying to get an NHS COVID pass through the NHS app or in some other way?
https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/covid-1 ... ovid-pass/

Do you have an (English) NHS number that has worked previously?

Are you registered in the typical way with a general practice in England?

Jonathan
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Jdsk wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 1:12pm
Psamathe wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 1:06pm Looks like there are "system issues" with the autumn booster getting through to your Covid Travel Pass. Had my vaccination recently and it's all recorded and showing-up in my online Covid records. But the Covid Travel Pass isn't showing it.

Checked with the NHS Covid 119 number and apparently there are "issues" for some and no information or timescales for it to be resolved.
I can ask the relevant people.

Are you trying to get an NHS COVID pass through the NHS app or in some other way?
https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/covid-1 ... ovid-pass/

Do you have an (English) NHS number that has worked previously?

Are you registered in the typical way with a general practice in England?

Jonathan
Using the NHS iPhone app. It shows all vaccinations incl. the one the other day but go to get the bar codes (the "Travel Pass") and the recent autumn booster is not there.

I called 119 to check and they said they are aware of this happening "for some" (which I assume means they don't know and could be everybody to just a small few). They say it should get sorted but they have no idea or schedule as to when.

I store my Covid Travel Pass in the iPhone Wallet (loaded using the iPhone NHS App) which ensures it is always available offline) and until today it's always been fine and through quite a few updates (normally before a departure or when it gets close to expiring). I can still update the previous 4 vaccinations (all except the recent one) and they have correct new expiry dates, etc.

So, guessing (from my IT background) it looks like something broken between the NHS record system (which has my latest recent vaccination) and the Covid Travel Pass issuing/record system.

Thanks
Ian
Last edited by Psamathe on 19 Oct 2023, 1:27pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Thanks

Jonathan
Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

BOOK ! for a covid jab, I just went in the chemists, no booking needed (Wales and small village)
AUTISTIC and proud
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Pinhead wrote: 20 Oct 2023, 12:15pm BOOK ! for a covid jab, I just went in the chemists, no booking needed (Wales and small village)
Not all regions are providing walk-ion options (where I live isn't and that's Norfolk and part of Suffolk). It's a policy decision, a daft policy decision, but they made an explicit choice not to provide any. So book or don't get it.

Ian
a.twiddler

Post by a.twiddler »

Message from surgery about 10 days ago re Covid booster giving dates and times available. Replied with confirmation. Strolled in today, hardly any queue, in and out in a trice. Comirnaty Omicron vaccine this time. No problemo. Mrs T had hers last week, similarly straightforward. Cheshire West and Chester.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

a.twiddler wrote: 21 Oct 2023, 12:30pm in and out in a trice. .
+ 1. Covid & Flu, though had the distinct feeling the medical practitioner wasn't too pleased at someone 15yr's too young & not meeting of the eligibility criteria, being offered it :wink:

Had the needles literally plunged into the arm and wrenched out. Ouch :wink:
Mike Sales

Post by Mike Sales »

I have just had mine.
Even less painful than usual, I scarcely noticed the needle, and out again in a jiffy.
I've never had any after effects, I may have a robust constitution!
I hope I have not tempted fate by saying that.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

had them both today, thats Covid & flu, two different locations 2 hours apart! If i feel any side effects i won't know which it was :lol: Apart from a bit of soreness i've not had a reaction previously so not expecting anything this time.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

foxyrider wrote: 25 Oct 2023, 5:20pmIf i feel any side effects i won't know which it was :lol:
That's why I won't have them done together. I had covid last Thursday, I'll give it while next week for flu. I don't know why they ask if you've had another vaccine recently if they'll do them together anyway.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

axel_knutt wrote: 25 Oct 2023, 6:13pm
foxyrider wrote: 25 Oct 2023, 5:20pmIf i feel any side effects i won't know which it was :lol:
That's why I won't have them done together. I had covid last Thursday, I'll give it while next week for flu. I don't know why they ask if you've had another vaccine recently if they'll do them together anyway.
Of course this time i've ended up feeling absolutely s$*t and missed riding in todays glorious sunshine :?
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

rjb wrote: 18 Sep 2023, 9:00am Just tried to book but the service is sending me to a vacination centre over 20 miles away. Surely there must be one locally in Taunton where the bus runs too. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. will try again later.
we are both over 70 and the mrs is on the vulnerable list too.
When I had my first vaccine the two nearest options on the website were Braintree race course, which has no pedestrian access, or Colchester 15 miles away. After I'd been to Colchester on the bus I found that the local hospital was doing them, but not listed on the website.
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Traction_man

Post by Traction_man »

Mike Sales wrote: 25 Oct 2023, 3:50pm I have just had mine.
Even less painful than usual, I scarcely noticed the needle, and out again in a jiffy.
I've never had any after effects, I may have a robust constitution!
I hope I have not tempted fate by saying that.
had mine on Thursday and felt a bit rubbish Friday, I had both at the same time, different arms!

apparently getting a reaction shows a strong immune response.
Pinhead

Post by Pinhead »

So far I have had my 4th covid, three boosters, and the last week Flue and this week shingles, in two weeks Pneumonia ...............

I have gone from 22 stone years back to 13, 9, and the nurse said last week You are healthy :D

Oh and am 66

Apart from the FIRST covid all have been walk in no appointment needed though I do make one, small Welsh village
AUTISTIC and proud
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

Pinhead wrote: 29 Oct 2023, 2:02pm So far I have had my 4th covid, three boosters, and the last week Flue and this week shingles, in two weeks Pneumonia ...............

I have gone from 22 stone years back to 13, 9, and the nurse said last week You are healthy :D

Oh and am 66

Apart from the FIRST covid all have been walk in no appointment needed though I do make one, small Welsh village
How come you got shingles vaccine? Private? - as whilst NHS have lowered the age to 65, they've done it in a weird way and I'm 67 and can't get it until I'm 70. Seems the new lower age only applies who have their 65th birthday after the age change! My 65th birthday was 2 years ago so I'm cot covered by the new "from age 65" criteria!

'cos I'm keen to get the vaccination having suffered shingles before and I'm told that having had it before does not change your chances of getting it a second time (although 3rd time is apparently very unlikely)!

Ian