E Hybrid purchase ?

Electrically assisted bikes, trikes, etc. that are legal in the UK
Jezrant

Re: E Hybrid purchase ?

Post by Jezrant »

ncutler wrote: 3 Feb 2024, 9:00pm Regret I can't help with iPhone apps: the app I use is on Android: I have never used Apple kit, mainly due to the 'walled garden' that constrains software development and access to their devices.
Thanks anyway. I had similar reservations about Apple. Never liked the corporate culture either. However, after years with Android smartphones, I switched to an iPhone when I started to encounter some really frustrating bugs with my last smartphone. Works brilliantly for me (as does an iPad).
Jezrant

Post by Jezrant »

Jdsk wrote: 3 Feb 2024, 9:15pm
Jezrant wrote: 3 Feb 2024, 8:47pm
ncutler wrote: 29 Jan 2024, 10:35pm ...
The latest version of the Specialized App captures quite a lot of information from the bike: this shows the power settings used

This was a short ride last Saturday to a local supermarket: about 15 miles, one medium hill, a couple of small ones, the usual bumpy Lancashire lanes away from the flat land near the coast: used 7% of the battery. I wasn't working very hard - just used the motor on the hilly bits. I used to do this ride quite often on non-electric bikes, but I was finding a serious knee-strain problem and don't want to risk anything getting nasty and keeping me off a bike..
I'm curious how the Specialized app works with an iPhone and, in particular, with the iPhone's Health app. Are you using the app on an iPhone?
"Seamless integration with your favorite partner apps, including Apple Health, Garmin, Wahoo, and Strava, means the Specialized app fits in with your way of life."
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/app

Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan, I saw that too. I've read about some issues on another forum by Specialized eMTB riders that suggest the integration with some other apps is not quite as seamless as Specialized claim.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Jezrant wrote: 3 Feb 2024, 9:38pm
Jdsk wrote: 3 Feb 2024, 9:15pm
Jezrant wrote: 3 Feb 2024, 8:47pm I'm curious how the Specialized app works with an iPhone and, in particular, with the iPhone's Health app. Are you using the app on an iPhone?
"Seamless integration with your favorite partner apps, including Apple Health, Garmin, Wahoo, and Strava, means the Specialized app fits in with your way of life."
https://www.specialized.com/us/en/app
Thanks Jonathan, I saw that too. I've read about some issues on another forum by Specialized eMTB riders that suggest the integration with some other apps is not quite as seamless as Specialized claim.
I'll see if I can find what it can send to (Apple) Health.

Jonathan