Cycling effect Post Xmas fat? Little

Jdsk

Re: Cycling effect Post Xmas fat? Little

Post by Jdsk »

Jon in Sweden wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 7:30am ...
I fundamentally disagree though. If you exercise, you burn energy. It has to come from somewhere.
You can investigate the effect in two main ways: calculate up from the underlying processes or measure the effect in practice. The former has the difficulty of an enormous number of complicating factors, including variable thermogenesis, as upthread. The relevant conservation laws aren't violated! : - )

There's a systematic review of the effects in practice: "Exercise for overweight or obesity":
https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/do ... .pub3/full
NB: Before reading this... as always in this forum... not everyone is an athlete...

Jonathan
briansnail

Re: Cycling effect Post Xmas fat? Little

Post by briansnail »

"That didn’t sound right to me, based on other things I’ve read or heard said by knowledgable bods, so I checked, and I don’t think it is right."
Surely you do not except the scientific establishment (or legal profession come to that to agree on anything)?.An argument could be made.A fuel efficient car sips fuel.It does not guzzle.If calories absorbed are the same.Slim people are inefficient .Whereas nature might see fat people as better adapted to their environment .Their output/input ratio is more favorable.Hence fatter people are more efficient.
I suggest two new year resolutions.

DIET ADVICE THAT WORKS FOR XMAS:EAT NATURAL AND AVOID PROCESSED FOOD also do not waste money on diet books.