"‘It’s the stories, the laughs, the tears’: the retired teacher cycling across France delivering letters to loved ones"

Jdsk

"‘It’s the stories, the laughs, the tears’: the retired teacher cycling across France delivering letters to loved ones"

Post by Jdsk »

"‘It’s the stories, the laughs, the tears’: the retired teacher cycling across France delivering letters to loved ones":
https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... loved-ones

Jonathan

richardfm

Re: "‘It’s the stories, the laughs, the tears’: the retired teacher cycling across France delivering letters to loved on

Post by richardfm »

I like that
Richard M
Cardiff
Mike Sales

Re: "‘It’s the stories, the laughs, the tears’: the retired teacher cycling across France delivering letters to loved on

Post by Mike Sales »

I like to find a purpose for my rides; looking for the meridian, artesian springs or brick castle towers have been some.
This guy goes a very long way past that. I salute him.
Some of the messages he carries have an importance that his ride to deliver them reflects.
His quest is the antithesis of today's instant electronic communication.
It's the same the whole world over
It's the poor what gets the blame
It's the rich what gets the pleasure
Isn't it a blooming shame?
Slowroad

Post by Slowroad »

Thanks, I enjoyed reading that!
Happy Christmas!
“My two favourite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything. The perfect day: riding a bike to the library.”
― Peter Golkin