Halfords discount again!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Cowsham

Re: Halfords discount again!

Post by Cowsham »

pete75 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 3:27pm If you're commuting with a bike or using a folder very frequently on trains and buses then a Brompton is the best bet. If it's for infrequent use then one of the 20" wheel folders is better, they generally cost less and are nicer to ride. I've two folders, a Brompton and a Dahon Speed TR. The latter has 24 gears with Sram Dual drive, 20 x 2 Schwalbe Big Apple tyres, Magura hydraulic rim brakes etc and is generally much the better to ride.
A few years ago I met a chap at Mildenhall rally with a Speed TR and he'd use to tour through much of South America without any problems , either mechanical or comfort related.

If you use a folder infrequently stay faithful to your Raleigh.
Thanks -- I will -- it sees a bit of service these days on narrowboat holidays. Very handy to get the shopping if you're moored up away from civilization.
I am here. Where are you?
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Cowsham wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 11:33pm
pete75 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 3:27pm If you're commuting with a bike or using a folder very frequently on trains and buses then a Brompton is the best bet. If it's for infrequent use then one of the 20" wheel folders is better, they generally cost less and are nicer to ride. I've two folders, a Brompton and a Dahon Speed TR. The latter has 24 gears with Sram Dual drive, 20 x 2 Schwalbe Big Apple tyres, Magura hydraulic rim brakes etc and is generally much the better to ride.
A few years ago I met a chap at Mildenhall rally with a Speed TR and he'd use to tour through much of South America without any problems , either mechanical or comfort related.

Thanks -- I will -- it sees a bit of service these days on narrowboat holidays. Very handy to get the shopping if you're moored up away from civilization.
And lock wheeling.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

pete75 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 10:02am
Cowsham wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 11:33pm

And lock wheeling.
Yes but I can walk much faster than the boat so not worth getting the bike unfolded for that.
I am here. Where are you?
Lazybird

Post by Lazybird »

Just got 8% off at Halfords on a kryptonite D lock. I did have to go into Hobby Craft next door to get wifi before I could get the discount barcode up on my phone from the Cycling UK site. The 10% discount applies to servicing I think.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

Lazybird wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 3:56pm Just got 8% off at Halfords on a kryptonite D lock. I did have to go into Hobby Craft next door to get wifi before I could get the discount barcode up on my phone from the Cycling UK site. The 10% discount applies to servicing I think.
Thanks for sharing.

I use Notes on an iPhone to store barcodes, certificates etc that I might need when there's no network access.

Jonathan