Wrist hurt hitting pot hole

Cowsham

Wrist hurt hitting pot hole

Post by Cowsham »

In torrential rain on a very wet road where puddles covered a massive pot hole I hit a few days ago I counted myself lucky not to have come off the bike or had any damage done, or so I thought.

The next day my right wrist felt slightly sore lifting some light stuff but I couldn't remember hurting it.

Two days later in the evening it the pain increased steadily till it got to the point I could hardly bear the weight of my own hand.

Today the pain is subsiding a little and was able to drive the car and only now I'm thinking it must have been that pot hole when my hands were on the hoods. The pain is mostly concentrated where my trapezoid and scaphoid bones sit at the top side of hand/wrist.
Screenshot_20240217-153253_Chrome.jpg
Anyone ever had this happen?
I am here. Where are you?
Cowsham

Re: Wrist hurt hitting pot hole

Post by Cowsham »

Just remembered I gave one of my sons a lift into his house with a new double length shower enclosure ( a big heavy bit of glass ) so there was weight pulling down on that wrist at some point during last night before the real pain set in. Didn't sleep last night all that well either.
axel_knutt

Post by axel_knutt »

Have you had it X-rayed?
“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

z
Last edited by gbnz on 17 Feb 2024, 11:47pm, edited 4 times in total.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

axel_knutt wrote: 17 Feb 2024, 6:38pm Have you had it X-rayed?
No but I think the jolt from the unexpected pot hole caused a small injury between the bones or ligaments then the pulling on the wrist by carrying the heavy glass had exasperated the injury. Felt a bit like a swollen tendon but I think it's not all that serious cos it's getting much better now. Strength returning. Not nearly as tender and sore.
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

Have you had it X-rayed?
This is a good point.You do not know the extend of hidden damage.
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

briansnail wrote: 18 Feb 2024, 1:38pm
Have you had it X-rayed?
This is a good point.You do not know the extend of hidden damage.
I think I do -- I was lifting weights with it today -- I think it was a soft tissue injury but eventual swelling pressing on a nerve or something resolved itself. All good now -- just weird how delayed the pain was ( I've had similar in the past )
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

gbnz wrote: 17 Feb 2024, 8:00pmz
I know this was very minor compared to any of your frequent breakages.