micro review… Firenze sensamo

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
simonineaston

micro review… Firenze sensamo

Post by simonineaston »

So after years of use, the pair of Schwalbe marathon green tyres on my Brompton started, literally, to show signs of wear, ie the green dots. Rather against my inclination I fitted a pair of Firenze sensamo instead. They stayed on for about 6 weeks before I concluded that the marathons have better grip, better puncture resistance and a much much tighter fit. Thus the sensamos are gone. The one quality where they did feel a bit better was rolling resistance, but that could have just been down to inflation pressure!
To be honest, if I didn’t spend most of my cycling time on Bristol’s currently filthy, glass and screw littered urban roads, with their often colossal pot holes, I might have been tempted to keep them on longer, but after the third p******e, I lost patience and went back to marathons…
Just thought I’d let you know what I thought of the Firenze - I’d give them a wholly unscientific 3 out 5 and pop them in the box marked, “would probably try them if I saw them at a bargain price!”.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)