Wiggle... clearance sale without refunds?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
natmat

Wiggle... clearance sale without refunds?

Post by natmat »

I bought from Wiggle, not realising it was in adminstration.
They packed the wrong size shoes.
For 3 weeks their website has been a 'holding page' with no information
I found an online form to their customer services, thet I submitted a question... no reply
Now I look an it says 'returns within 28 days of order', that has passed by a few days (since my question above),

Should I accept my loss/mistake and sell the shoes as new-old-stock on this CTC forum's classifieds?
Or should I return and hope for the best... and risk them having the shoes by not refunding my money?
Jdsk

Re: Wiggle... clearance sale without refunds?

Post by Jdsk »

https://www.wiggle.com

Have you asked them directly?

What was your order date?

And how did you pay?

Jonathan
JohnR

Post by JohnR »

natmat wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 6:06pm For 3 weeks their website has been a 'holding page' with no information
The holding page was only put up earlier this week (Tuesday, IIRC). There were still a few things for sale on Monday although I haven't had a need to look at the customer services part of the website.

However, that doesn't help with the problem that the returns period has just been shortened (and the returns address has changed).

If you bought the shoes at a very good price (and some items on sale were) then the resale value may be similar to what you paid.
Usually riding a Spa Cycles Aubisque or a Rohloff-equipped Spa Cycles Elan Ti
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

natmat wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 6:06pm
Or should I return and hope for the best... and risk them having the shoes by not refunding my money?

From their 'holding' webpage:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Returns Process
Return Form

Orders before 22 February 2024 can be returned within 60 days of your order date. Orders after this date can only be returned within 28 days of your order date. No returns will be considered after 22 April 2024.

Please do not return goods outside of these windows as we can not guarantee they will be returned to you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Going by what it says in my bold above, I would not send them back, try and sell them here / eBay / gumtree etc......
Pretty clear really!
natmat

Post by natmat »

Yes, that's what the page now says, returning now I won't see the money and may never see the shoes again.
Shame I had no responses to any attempted contact and then this page came live (with changed wording) after my permissible return period had expired.

I'll be advertising a brand new pair of Fizik's size 45 on here as soon as I have taken the photos.
nomm

Post by nomm »

If you paid on a card you should be entitled to chargeback (if under £101)

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... Z2d4z3nT8q
natmat

Post by natmat »

That's a good point and worth a try:
'Chargeback can be used in instances of goods not arriving at all, goods that are damaged, goods that are different from their description, or where the merchant has ceased trading, though you should request a refund from the retailer first.'

I still have the goods, I asked about a refund and had no reply, maybe I am entitled to a chargeback refund... I'll report back the outcome.
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

That's why I asked how you paid. ; - )

Jonathan
natmat

Post by natmat »

nomm wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 9:50am If you paid on a card you should be entitled to chargeback (if under £101)
Yes, paid online via card.