Pictures of your bike(s)

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
freiston

Re: Pictures of your bike(s)

Post by freiston »

Is that a single speed? What's the gearing?
Hope this helps
F3560939-FDE1-4B05-9C46-D562C9A703CC.jpeg
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
morzov

Post by morzov »

Thank you.

Yes I’m running off the inner chainring of an old double.

Think it’s 42/14 with 26in wheels
fredleP

Post by fredleP »

Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Winter E-bike.

The weather has turned so the new e-bike (a Vitus e-substance Fazua-equipped bike from Wiggle) has had it's mudguards and lights put on for winter road riding rather than gravel riding in the forest.

It was bought a month ago as a road bike (skinny tyres and 2X11 Shimano 105 gears for the road). However, the frame has clearance for very wide tyres, fitting for guards & rack and geometry more like a gravel bike than a road bike. It's an all -purpose bike really.

I've changed the wheels and tyres (to 45mm Schwalbe G-ones tubeless on Hunt 4-Season gravel wheels); the stem (to a Redshift boinger); the seat and seat pin (to a Brooks Professional on a Specialized COBL-GOBL boingy seat post I already had).

A rear rack, mirrors and mudguards with full flaps have been added, along with a small Brooks saddlebag, an under top tube bag for a small camera and various pannier bags from the previous non-electric Specialized Tricross winter/touring bike (now sold). The Kinesis metal mudguards are good - tons of clearance for those 45mm tyres, rigid and come with flaps.

Ready for anything!
winter e-bike-1.JPG
winter e-bike-2.JPG
winter e-bike-3.JPG
winter e-bike-4.JPG
winter e-bike-5.JPG
Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
rjb

Post by rjb »

Very nice I'm envious but out of curiousity do you use the full flaps for take off. :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

rjb wrote: 5 Sep 2022, 5:01pm Very nice I'm envious but out of curiousity do you use the full flaps for take off. :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
A wet leg is not for moi! I hate it when the wet dribbles into the shoe; also the rub of wet clag on me lower thrusters. But worst of all is having to clean the clots from one's bike on return, in the rain usually, with wet bod slowly cooling..... . Those flappers keep off an astonishing amount of spray from the front wheel in particular, which spray will spray from the least little bit of tyre uncovered by the mudguards, all over you and your bike.

It isn't just nice clean rain you know! Especially on the roads through and past the many farms.

Also, should I ever get to ride with a club again, there will be no moaning from behind as the fellow clinging to my wheel gets a spray of diluted gurk & gratty whilst going past the mucky farm, the quarry exit or even the old-fashioned garages where they leave oil-dripping cars parked all over the road.

Some will worry about the drag of such large flappers. I'll just turn the motor on sooner. :-)

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes
WEBH

Post by WEBH »

IMG_20220911_115447674_MFNR.jpg
Inaugural ride on the Tricross today. Just bought it from Cugel of this parish. Really enjoying it so far, weighs next to nothing compared to my other bikes, smooth and comfortable. Spa triple so now I can go uphill to - Lyth hill for instance!
If anyone likes the look of this bike Cugel has another just the same, highly recommended!
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

My new, near enough 100 quid, winter bike. Mainly STX RC 3 x 8, should last 6 months!
20220922_152120.jpg
rjb

Post by rjb »

Whats with the red blocks on the V brakes.???
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

rjb wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 9:00pm Whats with the red blocks on the V brakes.???
Good question! A Shimano aberration apparently, some form of "modulation". Best explanation I have found is that was to prevent newcomers from launching over the bars! If set to middle position and the levers to "L" no noticeable difference from other contemporary Vs. Tried them with non-adjustable levers - not so good.
freiston

Post by freiston »

It's been over six years since I last posted pictures of my bike in this thread and my bike has changed a little bit (but not much) since then, so I decided to post an updated pic.
P1020174a.JPG
Disclaimer: Treat what I say with caution and if possible, wait for someone with more knowledge and experience to contribute. ;)
djnotts

Post by djnotts »

The fourth (and the oldest) Kona to join the Fleet. '92 Lava Dome. Bit big for me, so new high rise short stem make for a more upright ride than the '97 Kileaua.
20230107_154617.jpg
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

The eBrute in Saverne:

Have we got time for another cuppa?
Cowsham

Post by Cowsham »

Audax67 wrote: 8 Jan 2023, 10:41am The eBrute in Saverne:

The electric bike but with front dynamo hub ?

Lovely picture. Lovely setting.
I am here. Where are you?
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Cowsham wrote: 8 Jan 2023, 3:13pm
Audax67 wrote: 8 Jan 2023, 10:41am The eBrute in Saverne:

The electric bike but with front dynamo hub ?
Yup. I just stuck the motor on my old Audax warhorse and the dynamo came with. Can't run lights off the battery without circuit surgery & don't need or want to go there.
Lovely picture. Lovely setting.
Ta! Saverne town centre is very pretty, in fact the whole area is - great for cycling. More pics here: https://pbase.com/johnewing/20130913_saverne
Have we got time for another cuppa?