Favourite tea shops

Use this board for general non-cycling-related chat, or to introduce yourself to the forum.
Paulatic

Re: Favourite tea shops

Post by Paulatic »

cyclemad wrote:Walsingham Barns cafe - North Norfolk...awesome pies and Sunday lunches .....

The Crab Hut Brancaster Staithe North Norfolk...great seafood and great coffee

I found the Crab Hut purely by accident but blimey what a great accident. Chatting in queue and guy in front was a local farmer. He asked for ‘specials’. I followed suit :D
Fantastic the teas good too.
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
cyclemad

Post by cyclemad »

the seafood special is great...especially with freshly brewed coffee when available
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Visited Manor House Tea Rooms, Earlswood yesterday (their re-opening day). Now feels like getting a little bit back to normality.

Nice to see, as we left, a few cyclists turning up - cyclists are almost the bread-and-butter customers! Hope they didn't park thier bikes in the walkway round to the back garden though, the proprietor has bent over backwards to give people lots of space in what is not a very big place to start with.

They've really pulled out the stops to make their customers safe and, importantly, feel safe. Lots of outside tables/chairs. Small marquee to take orders, since the area around the indoor till is so tight they've moved it all outdoors! Goes without saying excellent coffee and scones! Nice to see its the same people. And nice to see Frank, Sammy and Dino (the goats).
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

The well loved Cobblestone Corner cafe in Chipping was closed and vacated a few weeks back, but the Deli opposite sold take out coffees and eats.
The village shop in Levens has a coffee machine and sells cornish pasties to die for with outdoor seating.
The Riverbank Cafe in Slaidburn was doing take out coffees last Saturday and we got fuelled up here for the climb over Waddington Fell.
The Bob Inn at New Barns has been closed all summer, but Arnside is not short of spots and the cafe opposite the station has re opened with new people.
Suzies snackbar in Milnethorpe is a popular watering hole for cyclists and is open most days. The last time I was there, I met my neighbour, four doors down who is also a cyclist!
My crowd are fond of Hazy Days in Hellifield but the silly tier rules have stopped many of us getting together there.
PitPony

Post by PitPony »

Just a heads up. Hazy Days in Hellifield May have closed. No sign of life the last few times I have cycled past.
There is a very good alternative .....Shed 24H at Hellifield railway station. Check out the opening times though, they may have changed very recently.
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

The Beach hut Cafe at Arnside, the one along by the Coast Guard station is open every day from 10 to 4 serving take-outs including very nice chocolate cakes.
Godzy89

Post by Godzy89 »

I can highly recommend the following tea shops in my local area (Bolton)

Rivington tea rooms - Great fresh and homemade food and drinks and very friendly staff
Both Rivington top and bottom barns - Again great fresh food and drinks (the hot roast turkey and gravy barms from the top barn and the coffee & walnut cake at the bottom barn are highly recommended). The top barn sells alcohol if you fancy a cold cider after your ride
The top barn is visited every Sunday by lots of motorcylists and cuclists
Vaughns Country Cafe in Tockholes - Another place for great homecooked fresh food. Has a 1 way window from which you can watch birds feeding whilst having a brew
briansnail

Post by briansnail »

London Velo Deptford St and Rapha Cycle club Brewer St London
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Garden Rooms at Braithwell and the Court Yard Cafe at Womersley have permanently shut and the Lakeside at Askern is also closed(but may reopen if new managers are found).All were very popular with the (many)local CCs.Have had many a brew and cake in all three and will miss them!
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Are the Tea rooms at Birkin still open?
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

JohnW wrote: 1 Feb 2022, 11:19pm Are the Tea rooms at Birkin still open?
Yes thankfully!
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Thanks for that helpful information. :D
Hellhound

Post by Hellhound »

Birkin Fisheries Tearoom opening times:-
Monday:
CLOSED
Tuesday:
CLOSED
Wednesday:
10:00 - 15:00
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

That is so very kind of you - thank you. :D
hodge

Post by hodge »

Hellhound wrote: 1 Feb 2022, 11:11pm Garden Rooms at Braithwell and the Court Yard Cafe at Womersley have permanently shut and the Lakeside at Askern is also closed(but may reopen if new managers are found).All were very popular with the (many)local CCs.Have had many a brew and cake in all three and will miss them!
Have you been to the Lakeside cafe at Askern and found it closed recently?
Their facebook page says it reopened November 27th 2021.